The West Bolivar Consolidated School District’s Office of Federal Programs is responsible for all Federal grants, including Title I, Title II, Title VI, Title X, School Improvement, 21st Century Grants, and Family Resources.
Our mission is to provide supplemental funding and fiscal compliance guidance to all schools and departments in the West Bolivar Consolidated School District. The Office of Federal Programs works to promote academic excellence, enhance educational opportunities and equity for our children and families, and to improve the quality of teaching and learning by providing leadership, technical assistance and financial support to district initiatives.
The goal of Federal Programs is to provide academic excellence for our students to acquire the knowledge and skills contained in the challenging Mississippi College and Career-Ready Standards. This is accomplished by:
- Supporting early reading programs
- Highly qualified classroom teachers
- Developing a strong framework for accountability
- Holding schools accountable for results
All schools in West Bolivar Consolidated School District are Title I Schoolwide and receive federal funds allocated from Mississippi Department of Education. These federal funds require the district to follow State and Federal guidelines regarding Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). The district develops plans in the area of Title I, Title II, Parental Involvement, English Learners, and Homeless Students.
Being a Title I Schoolwide school means receiving federal funding (Title I dollars) to support the school’s existing programs. These dollars are used for
- Identifying students experiencing academic difficulties and providing timely assistance to help student meet the State’s challenging content standards
- Purchasing supplemental staff/programs/materials/supplies
- Conducting parental involvement meetings/trainings/activities
- Recruiting/Hiring/Retaining Highly Qualified Teachers
Being a Title I Schoolwide school also means encouraging parental involvement and advocating for parents’ rights.
If you would like additional information regarding West Bolivar Consolidated School District’s Title I Schoolwide programs or any other federal grants, please feel free to contact the Office of Federal Programs at 662-759-3525